- On July 6, 2018
We are delighted to announce that we have achieved certification to three internationally recognised standards; ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
The British Assessment Bureau, a leading independent certification body, assessed our application in a process led by our SHEQ & Projects Manager, Shane Stanley.
The ISO and OHSAS certification represents an immense undertaking from Shane, who has worked hard to produce robust and comprehensive Quality Management, Environmental and Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems for REDS in under twelve months, whilst continuing to deliver high-value projects for our clients.
Lloyd Burnard, REDS’ Managing Director, said, “We are incredibly proud to have achieved all three standards, demonstrating our commitment to quality, the environment and ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for our staff, partners and clients.”
More about ISO 9001
ISO 9001 was first introduced in 1987 and requires organisations to demonstrate that they do what they say they do, and that they have a Quality Management System in place to ensure consistency and improvement; leading to high levels of performance and customer satisfaction. Certified organisations are committed to continuous improvement and are assessed to ensure progress is being maintained.
The benefits of certification to ISO 9001 include:
- Streamlining an organisation’s procedures;
- Bringing consistency to an organisation’s service delivery;
- Reducing cost and rework;
- Improving an organisation’s management practices;
- Enhanced status;
- Competitive advantage;
- Lower insurance premiums.
More about ISO 14001
ISO 14001 was first introduced in 1996 as a British Standard and requires organisations to have an environmental policy and action plan in place to manage their impact on the environment. Certified organisations are committed to continuous improvement and are assessed annually to ensure progress is being maintained.
The benefits of certification to ISO 14001 include:
- Demonstrating environmental credentials;
- Ability to tender for, and win more new business;
- Impress existing clients and meet their requirements;
- Achieve operational excellence;
- Reduce costs, overheads and wastage;
- Focus on proactive management and engage employees;
- Ensure legislative awareness and compliance.
More about OHSAS 18001
OHSAS 18001 was first introduced in 1999 and requires organisations to assess their risks and implement an effective Occupational Health and Safety Management System to promote a safe and healthy working environment. Certified organisations are committed to continuous improvement and are assessed annually to ensure progress is being mainta
- The benefits of certification to OHSAS 18001 include:
- Caring and compliant organisation and employer;
- Demonstrate health and safety credentials;
- Impress existing clients and win more new business;
- Customer reassurance;
- Improve corporate image among stakeholders;
- Cost savings from public liability premiums;
- Minimise risks of production delays.
For more information or to get in touch, please email email@example.com or 0333 444 0004.